Day 2 - Rose

 Day two was a great day full of anticipation for our upcoming trip. We started the day with the rest of the presentations we had prepared the day before, beginning with Ariana's on Depositional Environments. As she had done this J Term the previous year, she just presented her old slideshow, which was pretty funny. Ellie's presentation on the Arroyo formation was next, and she taught us all about where we would be digging and what the rocks there looked like. Then came Jaycie and Claire's presentation on Fossilization, where they explained the process of fossil creation to us with model magic and seashells. Penultimately, it was Vee and I's turn to share our slideshow on the creatures we may uncover on the dig. I think we did really well, and I think everyone enjoyed the adorable critters! Finally came Federico's presentation on Paleontology Field Methods, where he taught us the ins and outs of actually digging up the bones. After was our lunch break which was followed by the last activity of the day: a trip to the HMNS! As the Hall of Paleontology practically raised me, I love spending all the time I can in there. I was really glad that Ariana, Ellie and Aurora joined me as I gave them the Rosarific Tour of the Morian Hall of Paleontology, going over everything from the Archaen to relatively recent human history. As always, my favorite sections was the crinoids! I think they are so so gorgeous and I could look at them all day. Sadly, all good things must end, and this day was no different. After the museum the day was done, and I spent the evening packing all the last minute things I needed for my trip.








Comments